Thread: Inside the HW50s

Inside the HW50s

Thanks for looking. Not the current 50/90, serial suggests 1961. Thick wall tube with threaded block, Rekord trigger, and integral substantial guide.
    Leather seal still effective, spring straight and sound but may be replacement.
    Certainly built them well. Wonder what it cost then?
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/FJNytP7E5aJQopsaA

Are you sure it is an original spring guide?
    All the older leather sealed HW 50s-50mII-55 rifles I have had apart have the old type steel rear spring guide.
    Too many airguns!

That is the correct guide - on the older HW's it was threaded directly into the rear block like that. The separate stamped metal "floating" type came later.
    Last edited by MDriskill; Yesterday at 03:00 PM.

Hw50

I'm with evert..had 7 HW50s over the years and not had one like that, mine where just the standard HW guide. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I'm with evert..had 7 HW50s over the years and not had one like that, mine where just the standard HW guide. Mach 1.5
    Could be a 55 block grafted onto the 50 tube maybe

Or one modified by a tuning house?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I’ve had four old school HW50 rifles over the years and none of them had an integral guide. Why have that when you can get away with a stamped metal one that’ll slice a thumb open if you unscrew the back block wrong?

There was a 55 which didn’t have the heavy breech lock but made do with the chisel. Could it be one of those? Although the 55 just had regular spring guides as well.

Is it a Venom job? BTDT had a Venom 50 in the 80s with an elm stock and lots of fanciness. It were like a New Romantic 50, Spandau Weihrauch ..