Thread: FWB 127 orrible stock.

FWB 127 orrible stock.

As title I have recently acquired a 127 "was cheap" with the most horrible plank as a stock I wonder it it's an aftermarket one. All the other 124/7 stocks I have seen have been quite nice. Mine is plain beech and with no pleasing shape at all. Not even a butt pad. Does not help that the stock which is unmarked has been varnished with a tar brush. Stock to metalwork fit is excellent
    Metal work is almost unused and the gun cocks smoothly with plenty of power. No problems there.
    Has anyone seen this stock on a FWB please. It would please me no end if someone else has one.

Just discovered I cant post attachments. Cant see why.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Sounds like the standard stock, most UK models had the delux stock.

FWB 127 orrible stock.

Could be a Feinwerkbau Model-127 Standard.https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....au-modell-124/

Stock

Thanks guys. That's the one I really had never seen the standard stock. It's very plain. At least I am happy now.
    Last edited by Peter Dunkley; 26-07-2024 at 09:23 PM.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    It’s Feinwerkbau’s farmers model.

The rifle was unbelievably built down to a price - plastic parts, some iffy engineering in the trigger department .. but I think the engineers all held their noses while they did this. A Feinwerkbau for the hedge-creeping wurzle gummagy sportsman who’d taken granny’s inheritance and blown it on a pellet gun and affluent farmers trying to quietly drive the lapine horde from their own Watership Downs.

But once it was out it couldn’t be sold in its rough plain wooden handle. It’s a Feinwerkbau for feinwerks sake.

So they deluxed it.

Stock

Thanks. Apart from the horrid stock mine is a very nice gun. Cocking is super smooth and light and the metal trigger although being a bit soft on the break is fine. I have yet to test it's accuracy. It's putting out just short of 11 ft/lbs with a heavy pellet.

The FWB standard does not have factory sling swivels fitted.

HTH

Swivle

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    The FWB standard does not have factory sling swivels fitted.

HTH
    Mine does.

If it is an original Standard model it doesn’t have sling swivels fitted as the breach block has no provision for one . You can fit aftermarket ones though around the barrel.

FWB standard stock

Maybe I'm the only one but I actually like the feel of the standard stock. It just seems to fit me well. I do like the deluxe too.

I've a standard stock here. It came with my current 127. TBH, if you don't like it that much, keep your eyes open as the deluxe stocks pop up occasionally.

Not many sold in the UK, so quite rare. The Deluxe are so much nicer so why bother with a standard stock? So they stopped selling the boring. It's a FWB Sport so going to be a good rifle.