Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread: 26th/27th October 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Not been on here for a while due to work, A newbie to the bash but my thoughts align with all the others, Your health MUST come first Mick, In the few visits I have made I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and my lad also found his new love of shooting at the September bash, again as all the others I thank you for the hard work you've put in to make the bash what it is,

with regards to an alternative location, I would be happy to partake and support the event wherever it is,

Cheers and all the very best to yourself Mick,

Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Great to have met you and the lad, Nige.

And I look forward to seeing you at a forthcoming Bash in the not too distant future........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Hancock lurchers are no more Tony, Sally retired in October , bad news for us as we were ready to get a pup.
    Ginny and Fallow ARE okay aren't they, Jamie?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I was hoping to get a little tinkering time in on the Mercury today.

Looks like it's not happening with other things going off.

Upto now, personally, I think Dave, s offer is most suitable for the next bash. Very relaxed, informal and nearest to our beloved "Quigley Hollow" experience. Thanks for your very generous offer Dave, but I think at some point we're going to have to have some form of vote.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

From a personal point of view I'd be more than happy, Dave.

But a few caveats, I think.......

Firstly, Norfolk would be a trek for those travelling from the West.

Secondly, I think Dave hinted that space / parking would be more limited than at Quigley Hollow. So I think it would suit a more "cosy, get to meet good friends again" meet rather than trying to attract new blood.

Thirdly, and something I mentioned earlier......The work and effort involved for one man. I know Dave is a star. And he's more than capable, having demonstrated his prowess with the success of the bell target club. But would it really be fair to heap the lion's share of the organisation etc to just one man? I know everyone would muck in and help as much as possible, but I'd guess Dave's pride and perfectionism would see him "doing a Mick". There might also be the question of numbers of targets. If Dave doesn't already have loads, it would only be fair for us all to chip in / make targets etc.

As I say, I'd be more than happy if it were to take place at Dave's (AND I'D LOVE TO SEE HIS COLLECTION !), just not sure if it might be a bit of a step too far and too much work for one chap, whereas a commercially operating range is already there and set up and able to cope with the numbers.....but we need to sort the camping!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I must agree with Dave The Trumpster That Dave The Unhinged’ venue would definitely provide the relaxed and easy going feel of The Hollow compared to the other generous offers. I’ve been to Dave’s and yes he is a great host and I know he will do all he can to make us welcome. I would be happy to offer any assistance in advance to help him set up if I can. I know it’s not central for everyone and a bit of a trek for me now but,...it’s not as though it would be four times a year. Maybe we could move around and do two or three different venues during 2020 ? Woodland shooting sounds great and I’m sure between us all we have loads of targets we could bring along with us ??

I dunno, as I said earlier, I’m no planner or organiser but I do know the atmosphere at Dave’s will be spot on.

I’m not bothered at all by the lack of parking facilities as I know The Unframed One will have a Gazebo waiting just for me
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Until I sober up tone, I'll simply say that tonight, I've called Geoff, My locals landlord a flange three times tonight. I hope you're satisfied.

Tomorrow, I'll deal with the more serious issues.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    we must have been typing at the same time It’s a sign I tell’s Ya !
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Until I sober up tone, I'll simply say that tonight, I've called Geoff, My locals landlord a flange three times tonight. I hope you're satisfied.

Tomorrow, I'll deal with the more serious issues.

Dave
    Hee hee hee! Guessing he saw the funny side okay (otherwise it'd just have been the once, eh?). It's a nice word methinks and kinda rolls off the tongue easily.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I must agree with Dave The Trumpster That Dave The Unhinged’ venue would definitely provide the relaxed and easy going feel of The Hollow compared to the other generous offers. I’ve been to Dave’s and yes he is a great host and I know he will do all he can to make us welcome. I would be happy to offer any assistance in advance to help him set up if I can. I know it’s not central for everyone and a bit of a trek for me now but,...it’s not as though it would be four times a year. Maybe we could move around and do two or three different venues during 2020 ? Woodland shooting sounds great and I’m sure between us all we have loads of targets we could bring along with us ??

I dunno, as I said earlier, I’m no planner or organiser but I do know the atmosphere at Dave’s will be spot on.

I’m not bothered at all by the lack of parking facilities as I know The Unframed One will have a Gazebo waiting just for me
    All good for me.

If Dave can cope and the rest are happy, I'm happy.

I would be able to come down to Daves a bit early and helpout/set up, if we were to have a bash at his and I'm sure some others would be up for that

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Wow chaps, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm going to start a new thread to see if we can get this off the ground. I suggest that the other proposals are still pursued simultaneously to see if we can get another date and venue arranged. Realistically though, peeps need dates in diaries and if Verity and I are to do this, we need to start planning.

Parking isn't a huge issue. I've discussed it with the pub landlady and provided we avoid the folk music weekend, she's happy for us to use the camping field.

I know we're not in the centre of the country, but on the upside, we are in the middle of the Norfolk Broads, so there maybe some who would like to turn the journey into a break of some sort. We're also a short drive from the coast and about an hour from the north Norfolk coast. For reference, the post code is Nr29 5nz.

There's a good few that have offered help to set up, which is great. I'll check with the boozer about available dates in June tonight.

Specific venue will get narrowed down once I have an idea of numbers coming. At the moment, my field is probably favourite, it isn't huge but I can keep the grass down much more conveniently. If we use the field down the road, I'll have to keep moving my mowing rig down there as it isn't cut regularly at the current time. Ultimately, though numbers will decide.

Tony, a trip to the gun room can obviously be arranged. Dave, the hot tub will be topped up and ready, pack your mankini fella. The field behind usually has sheep in it, just saying like.

I think what's very important as well right now is to determine everyone's allergies and gender alignment. So if you can all email them to davedoesntgiveatoss@oblivious.com that'd be great.

Back later chaps.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

As I probably live nearer to Dave than anyone else I’m more than happy to drive over and help with the organising and setting up and have already offered my services to Dave
    At the end of the day we need to decide where to hold the venue sooner or later as time soon moves on and before long everyone will be rushing around looking for solutions
    One thing to also consider, in the case of an already existing venue how would existing members of that club take to 60+ people effectively taking over their venue for the weekend as most of them would have paid an annual subscription to use the facilities
    Dave has made a generous gesture which seems to offer the informal type of meet up that the boingerati folks prefer perhaps as suggested a vote should be taken

Quote Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
    Dave has made a generous gesture which seems to offer the informal type of meet up that the boingerati folks prefer perhaps as suggested a vote should be taken
    Totally agree mate
    If it's a one off event, I'm happy to take a few days off work and spend time helping set up stuff. Maybe middle of the year, June/July ??