Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: 26th/27th October 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Wishing you all the very best for the future to both yourself and your good Lady !

Over the years you have been hosting the Spring Bash we have all come to recognise the super effort yourself and Shirley have put in making each event possible and we are all extremely grateful.
    All my time’s at the Hollow have been so enjoyable, experiencing your hospitality and meeting some tremendous characters from the air gunning community largely from the BBS. The result of this has been apart from each meet, the forming of long lasting friendships which go from strength to strength and it’s all down to yourself, a very special Man of Warwickshire, Mick Furniss !

Take good care my friend, get yourself well and I look forward to seeing you whenever the time is right at Quigley or otherwise !
    Cheers Mick.

John. aka “Blackrider”
    “An airgun or two”………

Wonderful times, I would not have missed it for the world, THANK YOU Mick and Shirl. MICK my friend you look after yourself

It was worth the break up of my relationship, to discover the wonderful word we come to know as the "Boinger bash"
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Wishing you all the very best for the future to both yourself and your good Lady !

Over the years you have been hosting the Spring Bash we have all come to recognise the super effort yourself and Shirley have put in making each event possible and we are all extremely grateful.
    All my time’s at the Hollow have been so enjoyable, experiencing your hospitality and meeting some tremendous characters from the air gunning community largely from the BBS. The result of this has been apart from each meet, the forming of long lasting friendships which go from strength to strength and it’s all down to yourself, a very special Man of Warwickshire, Mick Furniss !

Take good care my friend, get yourself well and I look forward to seeing you whenever the time is right at Quigley or otherwise !
    Cheers Mick.

John. aka “Blackrider”

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Couldn't have expressed myself any better than this.

Get well mate, you deserve the rest anyway and especially with the complaint you have, you have done sterling work, but I will miss the 'pxxs-take

Cheers

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Thumbs up

As great as the bashes were- You have to put your health first Mick!

Many thanks for all the great times you've given by making these events possible, Hope to see you and Shirl at another one elsewhere mate

Many thanks, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

If's there's anything we can do for you in the coming months Mick speak up and give us a shout, I'm sure we would be able to sort something out.
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    HW 95 .22 AA S410K .177 FX Wildcat .22 HW30 .177 HW90 .25 FX Maverick2

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

I feel a bit of a twat letting this beat me, and cancelling the Bash for a while has been a hard decision, but I'd rather shut down for a while now rather than carry on and end up shutting down for good.

All the best Mick

Mick, very best wishes for some well merited and efficacious rest and recuperation. Your resilience and good humour in keeping your magnificent show on the road for so long in the face of relentless illness has inspired us all. You are the best of us. Love to Shirl and best regards to yourself, Ted.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Mick,

You already know our thoughts on looking after yourself, but a huge thanks to both of you for everything you and Shirl have done for our small corner of the airgun world. You can count yourselves responsible for many strong friendships and some truly memorable evenings. The shooting's been OK as well, then of course, some of the Oscar Wilde like discussions between yourself and cultural Ray. Graeme's entertainment, Gwyn's dancing, little Paul's pranks, Bongo's joyous little face in the morning. Shit, I'm welling up, I'll stop there.

All the best fella, and here's to a speedy recovery.

Dave and Verity
    Smell my cheese

I have a couple of suggestions for a temporary stop gap until Mr. Furness recovers.

They're not ideal and won't measure up to the real thing, but I'll put it out there.

Firstly we're not in the centre of the country, it would be more difficult for some of you to get here. Secondly, we couldn't organise and pay for the insurance that Mick has, everyone would have to sign a waiver, thirdly if option 1 is chosen, we have neighbours, we would have to wrap up any noise at 11. Then, we have too much time committed presently to do anything in April, but June is possible.

Option 1.

Our garden. We have plenty of space to shoot, and we can put up a couple or maybe three party shelters. We have some space for a few tents. We have a pub 100yds away with a camping field, this has toilet and water facilities. There is also a caravan club site just down the road for anyone wanting more luxury. We have bed and breakfasts within a short distance. Takeaways are easy and can be delivered, the pub does good food and there is a cafe just down the road if you want cooked breakfast.

The cons that I can currently think of:

Our plumbing won't cope with a lot of people, we'd need to pay for a portaloo.

We don't have a lot of shelter if it rains.

We don't have a lot of parking, most cars would need to be kept on the camping field.

The pub charges a tenner a night per family camping.

Located in Ludham bridge.

Option 2

This only works for a smaller number of people due to limited parking, but there are some upsides.

We have 3 x 4 acre joining plots in the centre of a forty acre wood. There is plenty of space for camping. We could set up a small shooting range and also organise a hft course of some sort. Whilst we'd have to consider our neighbours, they rarely stay overnight. We have an approximately 4 metre square cabin with a woodburner, if it's wet or cold we can get out of the weather. Unlimited firewood. This is a lovely quiet place, with a lot of wildlife. There is a pub which is one mile away, we walk it regularly.

The cons.

Limited parking, I can't put a number on it at present but probably around ten cars.

The road into the woods isn't suitable for regular traffic, so unless there was an emergency, once in, your vehicle would have to stay in until you were ready to leave.

There are zero utilities, we can bring some water in, but it would be limited. We can dig a urinal trench, and we have a chemical toilet tent. People would have to take turns emptying the toilet into a trench.

Located near Fakenham.

If anyone does fancy it, my email address is in my profile. If there's enough interest in either option, I'll start another post.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Aye up Dave, how far away is the nearest bed and breakfast place?

Does the pub opposite you do B&B?

Cheers

Melv

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Aye up Dave, how far away is the nearest bed and breakfast place?

Does the pub opposite you do B&B?

Cheers

Melv

This is the nearest Mel, it's half a mile a way and I can see it from my bedroom window. Impossible to get lost. There are others, but will be a few miles.

https://www.ludhamhall.co.uk/bed-breakfast/

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Both options sound good to me Dave

Count me in for camping, whichever option we go for bud
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

+ Me for all of the above. MANY THANKS Mick & Shirl and all the very best for a fast recovery Mick!

Thanks to you too Dave. I'm looking foward to a couple of nights at the Dog, or near the woods.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

What a lovely, selfless offer from Dave.

I have a long post in the offing covering a number of things; not enough time now, will hopefully be along later.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Finally

Wow Mick I can’t believe you have put yourself first. Your only half dead for goodness sake.😂
    I speak for many when I say how pleased we all are that you have made this right decision. Nobody thinks badly of you and you shouldn’t think yourself as a twat, just for being ill.
    If you need any help ask, as we all would only be too pleased to give it.

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"