Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: 26th/27th October 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Blackrider is online now It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hee hee hee! Guessing he saw the funny side okay (otherwise it'd just have been the once, eh?). It's a nice word methinks and kinda rolls off the tongue easily.
    In view of that particular subject matter, I did have grin to myself reading your last sentence Tony !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I would be able to come down to Daves a bit early and helpout/set up, if we were to have a bash at his and I'm sure some others would be up for that
    You can count me in on that score. More than happy to get there early and help setup etc. I reckon Daves would be a great relaxed venue too if I’m honest. Not that I wouldn’t be up for anywhere else if it came to it but I think put to the vote, Dave would get mine

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    In view of that particular subject matter, I did have grin to myself reading your last sentence Tony !
    It wasn't intentional, John.

Honest!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Wow chaps, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm going to start a new thread to see if we can get this off the ground. I suggest that the other proposals are still pursued simultaneously to see if we can get another date and venue arranged. Realistically though, peeps need dates in diaries and if Verity and I are to do this, we need to start planning.

Parking isn't a huge issue. I've discussed it with the pub landlady and provided we avoid the folk music weekend, she's happy for us to use the camping field.

I know we're not in the centre of the country, but on the upside, we are in the middle of the Norfolk Broads, so there maybe some who would like to turn the journey into a break of some sort. We're also a short drive from the coast and about an hour from the north Norfolk coast. For reference, the post code is Nr29 5nz.

There's a good few that have offered help to set up, which is great. I'll check with the boozer about available dates in June tonight.

Specific venue will get narrowed down once I have an idea of numbers coming. At the moment, my field is probably favourite, it isn't huge but I can keep the grass down much more conveniently. If we use the field down the road, I'll have to keep moving my mowing rig down there as it isn't cut regularly at the current time. Ultimately, though numbers will decide.

Tony, a trip to the gun room can obviously be arranged. Dave, the hot tub will be topped up and ready, pack your mankini fella. The field behind usually has sheep in it, just saying like.

I think what's very important as well right now is to determine everyone's allergies and gender alignment. So if you can all email them to davedoesntgiveatoss@oblivious.com that'd be great.

Back later chaps.

Dave
    Dave - that's a mighty fine and generous offer and yes, unreservedly, a yes from me. Ta very much for stepping up and offering up your place and hospitality to us.

As far as dates go, to get those longer days (and, hopefully, better weather) June or July, I think, as mentioned above. However, I've been informed that Father's Day (21st June) is a "no, no" and also to avoid the last weekend in May in case finances allow for us to go to the MotoGP in Mugello.

Unfortunately, due to the distance involved and our silly, busy work schedule at that time of the year, getting some extra days off to be able to come in advance and help set-up would be tricky for me. We're closed Sundays, so that's never a problem, but even taking the Saturday off creates loads more grief on the Friday re planning and silly, fraught catch up on the Monday. Always more than worth the grief so I can see my favourite peeps, but I think I'll struggle to take any extra time off.

Hats off and very well done chaps to the nice peeps who have offered to help. You're all shining little stars!

Getting excited already and it's now starting to feel so much more like this can happen and I really can't wait to see your gun room, Dave.

If we can sort any more venues for any additional meets, fantastic. But maybe better to concentrate on getting this one nailed down first?

As and when you're able to sort costings / monies up front, just shout up, Dave.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Guessing Uncle Mick might be closing this thread down soon now that Dave has stepped up and started The Alternative Boinger Bash thread; event planned for mid-June.

So, bye bye for now to The Boinger Bash in its classic format and much loved Quigley Hollow venue. Hopefully we won't be away for long.

And, as has been said by many so many times, a huge thank you to the wonderful Mick and Shirl for your hard work and dedication which has given us so many fantastic events - 24 Bashes plus meets like the Air Arms and Chinese Forum ones. So many great memories and so many special, long lasting friendships all forged at Quigley Hollow. A life-changing, life-defining special meet.

We'll keep that candle burning bright until you can bring it home, Mick and Shirl.

Love ya,

Tone.

BOING!